Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A new arrival...

When I arrived in Uganda I met very pregnant Harriet who told me that the baby would be born sometime during my stay. At the end of January Harriet began to feel labor pains. Having already given birth to two daughters, the family assumed that Harriet knew that the baby was coming. They stayed at the hospital for a few days and then returned home. The doctor told her to come back in a week. When the labor pains did not return in a week Harriet decided not to go to the hospital. It ended up being another month before she would return. The picture below shows Harriet and Shillow watching out the window for the vehicle that would drive Harriet to the hospital.



Harriet's ride to the hospital...a motorcycle on an incredibly bumpy African road...what a woman!



While her Mom was at the hospital I caught Eriana tenderly playing with her new baby doll (a gift from my mom in the States :)  She must be wondering what the new baby will be like.

My Mama and Harriet stayed at the hospital for a week and eventually Harriet needed to have a c-section. After many long days she brought Angel into the world.


So far, she mainly does the normal baby routine of crying, eating and sleeping.  I love to watch her older sisters interact with her and to listen to Harriet sing to her. Yesterday I saw her smile for the first time.

We are all glad to have baby Angel around...
Now a grandmother of 3

The proud husband and daddy

Maria and baby Angel






No comments:

Post a Comment